Translation - Great River
Geographic Area - Service Area 1 (District Grand River and Headwaters)
The Kittan Chapter is the result of the merge of Stigwandish and T'sgoli Ama Chapters - both legacy chapters of Wapashuwi Lodge 56.
December 29th - Whirlyball (https://scoutingevent.com/?OrgKey=BSA440&calendarID=197223)
January - 3rd Annual Kittan Chapter Bowling Event (specific date to be determined)
December 12, 2019
Adam Burnham (165)
This months meeting was a good one, the Chapter Leadership put together a tentative plan for the 2020 calendar year. Below are the items that were agreed on for upcoming events and meetings.
1. Beginning in January the monthly planning meeting will alternate between the Willoughby Roundtable and the Geneva Roundtable in an attempt to service both sides of the chapter. January's meeting will be at the Willoughby Roundtable, followed in February in Geneva and so on through the year.
2. Our next event is the 3rd Annual Kittan Bowling Event, it will be held at Rollhouse of Wickliffe. Click the link for more information and to register, cost is $10
https://scoutingevent.com/440-OAKittanBowling BRING YOUR OA BROTHERS.
3. Reminder that your 2020 dues are due, pay them online at http://www.erielhonan.org/dues
4. The Chapter is still looking for a Chapter Secretary, if interested please send a message to Kittan@erielhonan.org
5. Election Training - training for unit elections will be held at the next Willoughby Roundtable on 1/8 @
Grace Episcopal Church
36200 Ridge Rd
Willoughby, OH 44094
and at the next Geneva Roundtable on 1/9 @
Geneva United Methodist Church
89 S Broadway
Geneva, OH 44041
Tentative Activity Schedule for 2020
January 4 - Bowling
February 1 - Winter Banquet
February 22 - Sap Camp
March 15 - Eagle Scout Banquet
April 24-26 - Lodge Induction Weekend
May 29-31 - Conclave
June 13 - Day/Night at Stig (OA Circle)
July ?? - Summer Camp Induction
August 3-8 - NOAC
August 21-23 - Lodge Induction Weekend
September 12-13 - Vigil Weekend
September ?? -
October 16-18 - Fall Fellowship/Office Elections
Chapter Leadership Positions
Last Updated: 4/4/2021
Past Meeting Notes:
November 14, 2019
This is the summary of the 11/14 Kittan Chapter Leadership Planning Meeting.
Alek Bott (Chief)
Braden Webster (VC of Program)
Jeff Trumbull (Advisor)
Joe Wollet (thank you for attending)
A lot of items were discussed. We are moving forward with the plan for the 3rd Annual Kittan Chapter Bowling Event; details to follow. Target date is 1/4/20, 1/11/20 or 1/18/20. Target individual cost is $10. Location to be determined based on what is available and for what cost. That information should be known before the next planning meeting on 12/12. This year's event, unlike the first two, will be open to the entire lodge.
Other potential events for 2020 are:
1. Pioneer Waterland
2. Indoor Rock Climbing (Cleveland Rock Gym or Kendall Cliffs)
4. White Water Rafting (Ohio Pyle)
5. Canoe/kayak locally
6. Stigwandish/Beaumont OA Circle Service
7. Laurel Caverns
8. Peak N Peak
10. Kalahari (with a weekend at Firelands)
With the LLD coming up on 11/23, there will be opportunities for Kittan to team up with one or more of the other chapters to host some of these events once they are comfortable with the 2020 overall lodge calendar.
December 29th, is a Lodge-wide Whirleyball event, we would like to seed at least two teams available to compete and have fun. Each team is 5 players, therefore goal is 10 Kittan participants. See the lodge newsletter for more information.
The Chapter is still looking for a Chapter Secretary, if you are interested please send and email to Kittan@erielhonan.org.
Our next planning meeting will be in the form or a Skype call on Tuesday night, 11/26.
The next face to face meeting will be at the December Roundtable at Geneva United Methodist Church at 7pm on 12/12.
Please keep close eye on these messages as they come through, there will be important information and dates for the operation of the Kittan Chapter.